Using a 1 inch circle punch, I punched lots of circles from the catalogs and made the large bowl in the first photo and two small cups.
To make a confetti bowl or confetti cups, you’ll need:
- Paper Scraps
- 1 inch circle punch
- Paper Mache Paste (see recipe below)
- Mod Podge Gloss
This paper mache recipe is fantastic. I’ve posted the recipe before and used it in several projects including this yarn bowl.
- Combine ½ cup flour and 2 cups cold water in a bowl.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a sauce pan and add the flour and cold water mixture. Bring to a boil again.
- Remove from heat and add 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Let cool. The paste will thicken as it cools.
Once the paste is cool enough to work with start adding your paper. I used a round vase covered in plastic wrap as a form.
Keep covering your form until you are satisfied with your shape. Once your paper mache is dry, carefully remove it from the form by gently peeling the plastic wrap away from the form.
If any of the paper tears, just cut some more circles and glue them over the torn areas.
Thanks for visiting.
I link at the wonderful parties listed here.